Taking care of your hair extensions is extremely important if you want to maintain your luxury tresses and keep them for a long time. Below are some of our tips to help you luster an overall health of your Sleek Ambiance hair extensions.
- It is suggested that you wash and condition your bundles before installation. Be gentle when washing and only use a sulfate free shampoo and conditioner. Products that contain sulfate are extremely damaging and drying to the hair. Just don't use them.
- Treat your hair as if it were your own hair. Only use quality shampoo and conditioning products. Deep conditioning your hair is the key to keeping your hair soft and manageable. We suggest that you deep condition your hair once a week and refrain from using heavy oil and styling products.
- Allow your bundles to air dry by laying them flat on a surface or by hanging them up to dry.
- Please do not go to sleep on wet or damp hair. This will cause your hair to have a mildew smell and matte or tangle. Always ensure that your hair is completely dry before going to sleep on your extensions.
- It is important to sleep on a silk or satin pillowcase or wrapping your hair in a bonnet. You can also put your hair in a protective style before going to bed. Those types of styles include flexi-rodding, hair plaits, wrapping your hair, twisting your hair up, or braiding your hair.
- For curly hair extensions we only recommend using conditioner on your hair. Only use a wide tooth comb or a detangling brush. Before you go to bed you should be braiding your hair or putting your hair in Twist or Bantu knots. Always let your curly hair air dry.
Products We Recommend
- L’Oreal-Eversleek, Everpure and Everstrong Line
- OGX-Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo & Conditioner, Coconut Water Shampoo & Conditoner
- Shea Moisture-Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo
- Garnier Fructis Style-Curl Shape Defining Spray Gel (curly hair)
- Tresemme-Moisture Rich Luxurious Conditioner